The Animal Control Department is responsible for enforcing City of Denver City codes and ordinances pertaining to animals, and for the apprehension and control of stray animals within the city limits. Animal control also defends threatened animals from abuse or neglect and works to contain or help aggressive animals that threaten the community.
The department has animal traps available for loan to local residents. Contact City Hall if you need an animal trap. As traps become available, the Animal Control Department will assist in setting up and demonstrating the traps operation.
The keeping of fowl and wild animals are prohibited within the city limits of Denver City.
- Enforce all city codes and ordinances pertaining to animals
- Responding to citizens' complaints regarding stray animals
- Maintain an animal control facility
- Apprehending and impounding stray animals
- Picking up dead animals from city streets
- Issuing citations to owners of animals running loose
- Caring for, adopting, and euthanizing unclaimed animals impounded at the Animal Shelter
- Promote animal care to the general public